CDWP approves consturction of 100 small dams in Balochistan
These dams will have a storage capacity of 75,000 acres of water.
The CDWP also approved the setting of a women's university at a cost of Rs 880.60 million in the Bagh district of Azad Kashmir, Rs 820 million for improvement of educational facilities in Peshawar University and Rs 580,80 million for the up-gradation of the Bio-Technology Institute in Bahauddin Zakria University, Multan.
It also announced that an allocation of Rs. 1.5 billion for provision of modern facilities at Balochistan university and Rs 4.30 billion for setting up a university campus and sub-campus in every district of the country under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) framework.
The development body also approved Rs 300 million for different projects in Qadirpur, District Ghotki and District Larkana besides approval of a draft of Karachi bus rapid transit project and provision of facilities at the University of Engineering and Technology Lahore.
Working papers related to physical planning for water reservoir, communication and education project were also reviewed in the meeting.
The CDWP forwarded the project for construction of 88 kilometres Lahore-Sialkot motorway to ECNEC.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - 12 June 202109:25 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 1,194 new cases, 57 deaths08:45 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 12 June 202107:59 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi and Aagha Ali concerned for uniformed personnel, ...06:28 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how ‘detective’ Muneeb Butt caught a thief (VIDEO)03:26 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021