PIA workers, govt tussle over privatisation continue
According to reports, the protest and strike by PIA workers against proposed privatisation of the national flag carrier has entered 11th day.
The employees at airports of all major cities, including Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad and Quetta, have closed down PIA offices.
Despite the government’s tough stance against protesting employees, sources say talks between workers and PIA management are likely by today evening.
The travel chaos in the country has left Umrah aspirants in suffering, prompting them to protest outside airports in Karachi and other cities.
The flight chaos has cost national exchequer nearly two billion rupees.
- Pakistan reports drop in COVID cases with 893 new infections09:37 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:13 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Petrol price crosses Rs137 per litre as govt announces new rates08:55 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 16 October 202108:38 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021