SECP authorized to conduct raids, confiscate records
An official notification states that the SECP officials would be authorised to enter any building or office and confiscate documents, laptop, mobile phones, and other things.
The development came after the federal cabinet approved the SECP Seize and Search Rules 2019.
The Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) became operational on January 1, 1999. It has investigative and enforcement powers.
- The current mandate of the SECP includes the following
- Regulation of corporate sector and capital market
- Supervision and regulation of insurance companies
- Supervision and regulation non-banking finance companies and private pensions schemes
- Oversight of various external service providers to the corporate and financial sectors, including chartered accountants, credit rating agencies, corporate secretaries, brokers, surveyors etc.
Earlier, Prime Minister Imran Khan had said that the government had given ample opportunity to public to declare their assets in the Assets Declaration Scheme and a crackdown would be launched now.
- Jazz secures Telecom sector’s largest credit facility, fully ...07:58 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- President Alvi for transparency in recruitment process of FPSC07:24 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Tarin chairs meeting of Cabinet Committee on Privatization07:05 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Enhanced Pak-Turkey cooperation will have positive impact on regional ...06:43 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- ‘I don’t have big belly,’ Abdul Qavi responds to his viral ...04:30 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- The Undertaker challenges Akshay Kumar to a 'real match'04:06 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah addresses the backlash over her criticism directed at ...03:42 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan seeks explanation from HBO management for censoring PM ...11:02 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021