Hussain Nawaz's 'leaked' photo not our responsibility: Interior Ministry
"The security of the judicial academy is the responsibility of the Islamabad police and none of the interior ministry's departments have access to the JIT office or films," the spokesperson of the ministry said in a statement.
"It is inappropriate that people are playing politics on a such a sensitive issue," the statement said.
"According to the same logic, is everything that happens within Bani Gala the responsibility of Islamabad police or the interior ministry too?" the statement said.
Federal Investigation Agency’s (FIA) Additional Director-General Wajid Zia on Monday took notice of the 'leak' and is conducting the inquiry with a question reviewing if the picture is real or not.
The picture registers the time of 11:37am May 28; hence, the officers, who were present on duty the same day, are being questioned over the leak, media reports said on Monday.
Later, the JIT will present its stance before the Panama implementation bench.
Earlier, the state minister Marriyum Aurangzeb expressed concerns over Hussain Nawaz’s JIT’s picture being leaked on social media.
The state minister declared the leak an ‘extraordinary’ activity.
- Sri Lanka beat Netherlands by eight wickets in T20 World Cup 202109:58 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Biden approves $976m for Afghan refugees in US06:00 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities set the dance floor ablaze at Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira ...03:32 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Burcu Kiratli’s new bold video goes viral01:40 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021