Kill Kanhaiya Kumar, get Rs 11 lakh reward: posters in Delhi
Only two days after Kanhaiya Kumar’s release on bail, posters appeared in central Delhi offering a reward of Rs 11 lakh to anybody who shoots dead Kumar, India media reported.
Adarsh Sharma, president of Poorvanchali Sena, said he put up at least 1,500 posters offering Rs 11 lakh for killing Kumar. Sharma also claims to live 10 km from Kumar’s Begusarai village in Bihar.
The posters in Hindi read, “Whoever shoots JNUSU president and traitor Kanhaiya Kumar will be rewarded Rs 11 lakh from the Poorvanchal Sena.” The poster is signed Adarsh Sharma, ‘Son of Poorvanchal, President, Poorvanchal Sena and his mobile number.
Sharma said on Saturday that they do have faith in the judiciary but want to deliver ‘quick’ justice.
“We want the traitor dead. He has insulted mother India and raised anti-national slogans. We have faith in the court but it takes a long time for a judgement to come. We want to ensure there is quick decision and hence we have announced this prize money of Rs 11 lakh to be given to whosoever kills him,” he told HT.
Kumar, Jawaharlal Nehru University students’ union president, was arrested on February 12 for allegedly raising anti-national slogans inside the campus during an event to mark the third anniversary of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru’s hanging on February 9.
- PM Imran writes to Facebook for banning Islamophobic content11:17 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Emirates celebrates 35 years of connecting Pakistan to the world09:41 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Death toll in blast-hit Quetta reaches 709:29 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan Medical Commission announces admission criteria for foreign ...08:53 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- SIBF 2020 opens public registrations to visit fair, attend cultural ...08:49 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Scarlett Johansson to star in 'Bride' for Apple, A2404:06 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- IN PICS: Sana Javed, Umair Jaswal share unseen shots of their Nikkah03:08 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- Naumaan Ijaz’ Instagram account has been hacked02:01 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020