PM Imran seeks end to illegal flow of money from poor to rich countries
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday urged the world to take measures for halting the illicit flow of money from developing countries to richer capitals and tax havens.
He was addressing the World Leaders Summit Dialogue organized by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) during its ongoing 15th Quadrennial Meeting.
Reiterating his deep concern over the huge challenge of illicit flow of money, he said that an annual amount of one trillion dollars from developing countries is transferred to richer states. The Prime Minister underscored the imperative of halting these outflows.
He also emphasized implementation of UN Secretary General's FACTI Panel recommendations, enabling developing countries to more meaningfully alleviate poverty and human development, state-broadcaster reported.
The premier also called for prioritizing vaccine equity, debt relief, climate finance and return of stolen wealth to poor states, which are scrambling to recover from the massive impacts of Covid-19 pandemic.
The premier said that he advocated for debt relief until the end of the pandemic.
The premier reaffirmed the urgent need for mobilization and contribution by richer countries to climate finance in view of the vulnerability and existential challenges faced by Small Island Developing Countries and other developing countries, including Pakistan.
Pandora Papers: Moonis Elahi says ‘don’t own ... 08:30 PM | 5 Oct, 2021
LAHORE – Federal Minister for Water Resources Moonis Elahi on Tuesday rejected the claims made in Pandora Papers ...
- Speaker Pervaiz Elahi summons emergency session of Punjab Assembly ...04:09 PM | 21 May, 2022
- PTI's Shireen Mazari arrested by anti-corruption officials in ...02:36 PM | 21 May, 2022
- 'Depth of misogyny’ – HRCP demands apology from Imran Khan over ...01:58 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army sets up heat stroke relief camps as temperature ...01:14 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Turkey’s defence minister calls on Pakistan Army chief12:25 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Watch - Hania Aamir ignores Iqra Aziz at 'Parde Mein Rehne Do' ...07:38 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's new dance video goes viral05:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022