Blacklisted US national arrested from Islamabad airport
According to media reports, Matthew Craig Barrett entered Pakistan through a landing card that carried his wrong credentials, according to officials of Federal Investigation Agency (FIA).
Barrett was arrested from Islamabad’s Sector G-8 and shifted to undisclosed location for interrogation.
FIA said a duty officer, Ehtisham, who gave clearance to the man at the airport, has been arrested for negligence. A case has been registered against him.
Similarly, a case has also been registered against Saadia Altaf Qazi, a visa officer in Pakistan Embassy in US.
He was blacklisted by Pakistan in 2011 after being captured from a sensitive location in Fateh Jang tehsil of Punjab’s Attock district. He was then deported and his visa cancelled.
FIA is investigating how Barrett reacquired Pakistani visa despite being on blacklist.
- Afghan protesters storm Pakistan High Commission in London10:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- IT ministry makes use of indigenous messaging app mandatory for govt ...10:08 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s fastest train makes debut in China09:24 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- DG ISI arrives in Beijing for strategic talks with Chinese officials08:47 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Punjab’s Auqaf dept loses Badshahi Mosque’s administration08:10 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain welcome first baby03:16 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani stars demand #JusticeForNoor02:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021