Physical fitness important in sports and on battlefield: General Raheel Sharif
According to a statement released by Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) on Friday, the army chief said that the youth of Pakistan have shown their remarkable performance in every walk of life including the battlefield and sports.
He was addressing the concluding ceremony of 5th Physical Agility and Combat Efficiency System (PACES) Championship in Lahore, where he lauded the competitions and the capabilities of participants.
Corps Commander Lahore Lieutenant General Sadiq Alvi also accompanied the army chief.
The competition commenced on April 27th and concluded on May 6th in Ayub Stadium of Lahore.
In the physical competitions, Rawalpindi corp’s team secured first position while Karachi team has bagged the second. A total of 275 Army players participated in the competition.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 19 October 202108:48 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- 12 Rabiul Awwal: Pakistanis celebrate Eid Milad-un-Nabi today08:13 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Curtis Campher shines as Ireland beat Netherlands11:45 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Five Saudi cadets graduate from Pakistan Air Force Academy11:27 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021