Physical fitness important in sports and on battlefield: General Raheel Sharif
According to a statement released by Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) on Friday, the army chief said that the youth of Pakistan have shown their remarkable performance in every walk of life including the battlefield and sports.
He was addressing the concluding ceremony of 5th Physical Agility and Combat Efficiency System (PACES) Championship in Lahore, where he lauded the competitions and the capabilities of participants.
Corps Commander Lahore Lieutenant General Sadiq Alvi also accompanied the army chief.
The competition commenced on April 27th and concluded on May 6th in Ayub Stadium of Lahore.
In the physical competitions, Rawalpindi corp’s team secured first position while Karachi team has bagged the second. A total of 275 Army players participated in the competition.
- China terms Australia-UK-US alliance ‘extremely irresponsible’, ...11:25 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- ‘Inspiration 4’ – First all-civilian spaceflight launches into ...10:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- UN high commissioner for refugees calls on Pakistan Army chief09:45 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran, Iranian President Raisi hold first meeting in Dushanbe09:11 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- FO reacts to US State Secretary Blinken’s remarks about ...08:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021