CJP summons big guns of Pakistan Railways over alleged embezzlement of Rs60 billion
The court has summoned secretary Railways and board members along with audit reports in the next hearing.
During the hearing of the case on Saturday, CJP remarked that the officers must reveal the causes behind this fraud.
'Why shouldn't we call the Minister for Railways, Khawaja Saad Rafique in the Supreme Court', he inquired.
Moreover, referring to Indian Railways Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav, the top judge said that he was an uneducated man but he made railways profitable and his theory is being taught at Harward University as well.
"In our country, tall claims of railways profitability have only been made in rallies while the real situation is not as good as claimed by politicians. This is not a kingdom where one can take whatever he wishes," the CJP remarked.
Paragon City scam: NAB summons Railways Minister ... 06:57 PM | 20 Mar, 2018
LAHORE - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Tuesday summoned Federal Minister for Railways Khawaja Saad ...
Meanwhile, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) is preparing to take up several cases of corruption in Pakistan Railways. A team of NAB officials recently met Railways Secretary Perween Agha in Islamabad for consultations in this regard.
SC had also summoned Khawaja Saad Rafiq in Paragon City and Twin Towers cases.
Railways Minister responds
Railways minister while responding to remarks of the top judge, stated in his tweets that he never claimed profitability of Railways but the situation was far better than the previous condition of the department.
ھم جلسوں میں قوم کو سچ بتاتے ھیں۔ کبھی نہیں کہا ریلوے منافع میں ھے۔ محکمہ کی مالی حالت ماضی سے بدرجہا بہتر ھے۔ 18 ارب روپے کمانے والا محکمہ 50 ارب کمائی تک جا پہنچا ھے۔— Khawaja Saad Rafique (@KhSaad_Rafique) April 7, 2018
"We never told a lie to the nation in rallies, I am aggrieved over CJP's remarks," said the Minister.
ریلوے کارکردگی بارے عدالتی ریمارکس سے دلی دکھ ھوا ھے۔ معزز عدالت کو پانچ سالہ کارکردگی پر خود بریف کرنے کے لئے ھر وقت حاضر ھوں۔ کارکردگی رپورٹ سُنی گئ تو انشا اللہ عدالت سے شاباش لے کر آئیں گے۔— Khawaja Saad Rafique (@KhSaad_Rafique) April 7, 2018
He expressed that he could present himself for the briefing over the progress of Railways affirming that apex court will appreciate their efforts to make the rail journey more reliable for masses.
- PTI minister tells why PM Imran can’t expel French ambassador11:55 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 12 security personnel taken hostage by TLP protesters recovered: ...10:53 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Syria goes to the polls next month09:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Marastyal – KPK launches mobile app to lodge complaints against ...08:38 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021