NAB submits list of 150 mega corruption cases before SC
A three-member bench, headed by Justice Jawwad S. Khawaja,is hearing a case filed by Manzoor Ahmed Ghauri against NAB chairman and other officials.
The case, filed earlier this year, is related to scrutiny of the NAB.
The list include cases against big personalities including incumbent Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif, former PMs , ministers and top bureaucrats.
The NAB document also lists 50 cases each of monitory irregularities, misuse of powers and land scams.
The report shows that among the monitory irregularities, inquiries are being conducted in 22 cases, with investigations launched into 13 cases and references in 15 cases.
In land scams, 29 cases are under inquiry, investigations are underway in 13 cases while references have been filed in eight cases.
Inquiries are underway in 20 cases of abuse of power, while investigations into 15 cases have kicked off and references have been filed in 15 cases.
The NAB report disclosed that an inquiry is being carrying out against the incumbent prime minister and his brother in a case, pertaining to construction of a road from Raiwind to Sharif family House worth Rs126 million.
A scam worth Rs700m against Ghazi Akhtar of Tandiyanwala Sugar Mills is being inquired by the NAB.
Inquiries are also underway against former chairman of National Insurance Company Limited (NICL) Ayaz Khan Niazi over embezzlement charges worth Rs2 billion and another ex-chairman of NICL Abid Jawed over a potential scam of Rs2 billion.
Investigations have already been launched against Schon group for alleged embezzlement of Rs1,245 billion, Younus Habib for allegedly ill-intentioned default of three billion rupees, former Balochistan chief minister Nawab Aslam Raisani for possessing Rs 100 million in an assets beyond resources case.
A similar enquiry is under process against ex-premier Chaudhary Shujaat Hussain in an assets beyond resources case, worth Rs 2,428 billion.
A case of the same nature had been also filed against the sitting finance minister Ishaq Dar. He is under inquiry for three cases of 23 million pound, 3,488 million dollars and 1,250 million dollars.
Hussain Haqqani, former information secretary and ambassador to US, has been accused of embezzling funds, but NAB has so far failed to calculate the amount in this regard. He was also accused of issuing licenses of FM stations to three private companies.
Former interior minister Aftab Sher Pao is also facing an inquiry for having assets beyond resources, according to the NAB.
Ex-premier Raja Pervaiz Ashraf is also being probed for the rental power plants (RPP) case.
A case was also being heard against former president Asif ali Zardari for having assets beyond resources. Investigations are also in process against Mr. Zardari for corruption of US$22 billion and US$1.5 billion.
Staff officers to NAB DG Brigadier Nasir, Additional Attorney General Tariq Tarrar and Prosecutor General NAB Waqas Qadeer submitted the report document in the SC.
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sindh SHOs permitted to take action against Covid SOPs’ violations08:45 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan to become mobile phones’ exporter by 2022, says Razak ...08:17 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021