CJP Nisar tells actual meaning of Nawaz's favourite slogan 'respect the vote'
The chief justice gave these remarks while hearing a suo motu notice regarding the shortage of water in the capital city. Authorities of the metropolitan and additional attorney general appeared before the court to attend the hearing.
Nawaz started a campaign, aiming at restoring the respect of the vote, after the apex court disqualified him for concealing assets in the Panamagate case.
Everyone now has to respect the vote, says Nawaz ... 06:11 PM | 18 Feb, 2018
SHEIKHUPURA - Former prime minister and president of the Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N) Nawaz Sharif on Sunday said ...
The additional attorney general informed the court that 58.7 million gallons was being supplied in Islamabad against the demand of over 120 million gallons.
To which, the chief justice remarked water was being sold in tankers in the city, adding that a tanker is sold for Rs1,500.
He added that governments have done nothing in the past two years. He inquired what the past governments issued funds for water on the priority basis. He said that ruling person was the responsible for deteriorating water condition. He lamented that Nawaz Sharif and Asif Ali Zardari did nothing while in power.
The chief justice said that planting trees was also a work on papers, adding that water issue was turning into ‘water bomb’. "We are dumping water of billions of rupees into the sea," he said.
“Respect the vote means giving basic rights to people,” the chief justice said, besides emphasizing on a need to take practical steps to resolve the issue.
During the hearing, the court appointed renowned lawyer Aitzaz Ahsan as an adviser of the court and asked him to present suggestions on water policy in two to three days.
- Pakistan becomes 'fourth most expensive' country in world12:20 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: South Africa beat Pakistan in warm-up match11:44 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani doctor elected to top US health institution National ...11:18 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- PDM revives anti-government movement with protest in Rawalpindi10:51 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Mansha Pasha celebrates birthday with friends and family04:36 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drugs case: Aryan Khan’s bail plea rejected by Mumbai court03:25 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Ayesha Omar and Shoaib Malik’s new bold photos set internet on fire02:00 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021