PTI govt decides to engage NAB for criminal probe against sugar mafia
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant to the Prime Minister (SAPM) on Accountability Shehzad Akbar on Sunday said the government had decided to send the Rs 29 billion sugar subsidy matter to National Accountability Bureau (NAB) for criminal investigation.
Addressing a news conference along with Minister for Information and Broadcasting Senator Shibli Faraz, the SAPM said the prime minister had approved his recommendation under which a reference covering last five-year subsidies and previous subsidies of 20-25 years would be sent to the NAB.
He said the government wanted to hold a thorough and transparent investigation so that all those who had violated rules and regulations, and received illegal benefits and caused damage to the national kitty could be brought to book no matter how powerful or influential they were.
- Pakistan increases medical capabilities to counter Covid-19: Asad Umar01:48 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Smart lockdown lifted in seven localities of Lahore as coronavirus ...12:57 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Met forecasts very hot, humid weather in most parts of country11:42 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Smart lockdown imposed in seven UCs in Karachi till July 1811:04 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus affecting worldwide peace and security: UN10:01 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020