Malala urges world to act against Indian atrocities in Occupied Kashmir
“The Kashmiri people, like people everywhere, deserve their fundamental human rights. They should live free of fear and repression,” the Pakistan’s teenage Nobel laureate said in a statement yesterday.
“I call on the UN, the international community, India and Pakistan to work together with utmost urgency to right these wrongs, providing the people of Kashmir with dignity and the freedom they deserve.”
Over 90 people have been killed in IHK during clashes with Indian forces after the death of Burhan Wani, a Kashmiri freedom fighter, sparked protests across the region.
Malala said that dozens of unarmed citizens had been killed and thousands were wounded -- including hundreds of people being blinded by the pellet guns used to put down demonstrations.
She further denounced the weeks-long curfew imposed in IHK which has made several schools shut down -- keeping children away from their classrooms and hampering education. “I stand with the people of Kashmir,” she said and added that her 14 million Kashmiri sisters and brothers have always been close to her heart.
- Vote of confidence – Pakistani celebs voice support for PM Imran ...02:21 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- LIVE: PM Imran addresses NA session after securing vote of confidence02:12 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Faisal Vawda submitted false affidavit in dual nationality case, ...01:56 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- PML-N's Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Musadiq Malik and Marriyum Aurangzeb ...01:34 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- 'PTI worker' hurls shoe at PML-N's Ahsan Iqbal (VIDEO)01:10 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Esra Bilgiç got an admission in a science school?08:53 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Adele and Simon Konecki finalise their divorce after two years09:13 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' – Indian actor accused of sexual assault04:30 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021