PM Nawaz, Gen Raheel Sharif discuss key issues in 'one-on-one meeting'
According to a statement both leaders agreed to continue implementing the policies devised about national security and regional peace.
The one-on-one dialogue was followed by a top level meeting chaired by Nawaz Sharif. General Raheel Sharif, DR ISI Lt-General Rizwar Akhter, Interior Minister Chuadhry Nisar Ali Khan, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif and PM's Special Adviser on National Security Lt-Gen (retd.) Nasir Janjua were also present in the meeting.
During the meeting Janjua briefed the national leadership about his recent meeting with Indian counterpart Ajit Doval in Bangkok.
Matters related to stalled peace dialogue in Afghanistan Prime Minister's meeting with Afghan President Ashraf Ghani in Paris also came under discussion.
It is pertinent to be mentioned here that Indian Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj and Afghan President Ashraf Ghani are due to arrive in Islamabad to attend the 6th ministerial meeting of Heart of Asia-Istanbul Process which began earlier this day.
The two leaders will also hold meetings with top Pakistani leadership during the tours.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 14 April 202108:48 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- PAKvSA – Pakistan take on South Africa in 3rd T20I today08:00 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- TLP-police clashes leave another cop dead, nearly 100 others injured ...11:22 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan launches first space observatory in Islamabad10:54 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Alisha Gory explains how tattoos are a form of expressing your ...08:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Mohammad Amir celebrates 29th birthday04:50 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Zainab Abbas becomes first Pakistani female presenter to join Sky ...04:02 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021