Manhattan International celebrates 60th Anniversary of Zafar Ullah Poshni
Having a natural flair for writing, former Army officer Mr. Poshni – age 93 – joined Manhattan in 1959 as a Copywriter a few years after ending his military career. He went on to become the Creative Director of the Agency within five years and functioned as its Creative Head for over 35 years.
During his tenure as the Creative Director, Mr. Poshni and his team produced some of the most outstanding advertisements and jingles, most notable and popular of its time being the ISPR advert of the late 70s, early 80s, Pakistani Fauj Kay Jawan Hain Hum, Har Ghari Taiyar Kamran Hain Hum; it was conceived and written by Mr. Poshni, and is still being telecast on special occasions.
At the start of the 21st Century, he was transferred to the relatively less onerous post of Director Administration in deference to his age. As he celebrates his completing 60 years at the agency, he still continues to assist the Creative Department in Proofreading and Translations.
Mr. Poshni is among the first to arrive at the office every morning and daily puts in a full 9 hours of work - sometimes even longer. “I have worked 60 years for Manhattan,” said Mr. Poshni, “and very proud of my achievements and to be celebrating my Diamond Jubilee with my colleagues. To be looked up to and be respected by everyone at Manhattan is something that gives me tremendous pride and joy.”
The March 1 occasion was marked with a celebration of Mr. Poshni’s legacy, his greatest works and high-tea party at Manhattan, where Manhattan International founder and Chairman, Mr. Bashir Ahmed Khan, CEO Mr. Dara Bashir Khan, Mr. Poshni and others gave speeches. His family and close friends were also invited to celebrate with him.
His tireless effort, supreme skills and uncompromising ethics are cherished by everyone at Manhattan and we wish him many more years of good health and service.
Launched in 1954 by Bashir Ahmed Khan, Manhattan International (Pvt.) Ltd. is a 360 degree solution provider in fields from strategy and planning, creative services, film production and content integration, and public relations, among many others. From electronic campaigns like Standard Chartered Bank’s Breeze Mobile Banking app, to the print campaign of Toyota Altis Grande’s 2014 launch, Manhattan represents some of the biggest brands to provide them with comprehensive mileage and advertising solutions to get their products into the hearts and minds of the people.
Testament to Manhattan’s sustained excellence is the number of PAS, APNS and PAA awards it has won over the years, in categories like Best Campaign and Best Newspaper Ad. At the core of this success has always been the unique pool of talent that works tirelessly to deliver the best solutions to their clients.
- 'Dollars will rain on the ground from a helicopter...' Pakistani ...11:48 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate resolution condemns misleading Google, Wikipedia search ...11:21 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate passes resolution against circulation of fake currency notes ...11:09 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Winter Sports Festival concludes in Naltar; GB Scouts and PAF ...10:53 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa, ISI chief call on PM Imran in Islamabad10:35 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Pehli Si Muhabbat crosses 2.2 million views in just one day after ...07:28 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #Cannoli – Islamabad café rebrands its logo after facing severe ...07:14 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood pours in best wishes for Mrs. and Mr. Varun Dhawan06:50 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021