Shehbaz Sharif sends legal notice to Imran Khan for bribe offer claims
The letter sent under The Defamation Ordinance, 2002 and Pakistan Penal Code, 1860 asks the PTI chief to apologise within 14 days or else the matter would be taken to a court of law.
The legal battle that is likely to make headlines in the coming weeks started after Imran Khan claimed that a “mutual friend” of him and Sharif family made an offer of Rs 10bn to him on behalf of Shehbaz Sharif and Hamza Shehbaz so that he keeps quiet regarding the Panama Leaks.
PTI supremo did not reveal the name of the mysterious friend, and Sharif family including Maryam Nawaz dubbed him a liar for his claims.
When pressure ramped up on the cricketer-turned-politician he agreed to disclose the name of the person but only in front of the court.
On the other hand, Pakistan Peoples Party stalwart Nabeel Gabol divulged that the man who allegedly offered Imran Khan a staggering Rs 10 billion as bribe on behalf of Sharif family was ‘ Umer Farooq Goldie’, the owner of Shapes fitness gym Lahore.
However, when Goldie was contacted by The News, he denied the allegations altogether.
“Impossible. Neither did anyone make any such offer to me nor did I come to know about any such development,” Goldie claimed.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 06 May 202108:49 AM | 6 May, 2021
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Watch: Filling station worker douses ‘robbers’ with fuel11:21 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Salman Khan and Disha Patani sizzle in Radhe title track10:07 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021