14th anniversary of October 8 catastrophic earthquake being observed today
One minute silence was observed at all District Headquarters at 8:54 am.
Quran Khwani, prayer ceremonies, documentaries show depicting events of miseries, pictorial exhibitions, awareness walks, candle vigils, seminars and speech contests will be held in all ten districts of the state.
Main Prayer Ceremony will be held at University Ground Muzaffarabad.
In his messages, President Dr Arif Alvi has said that the observance of National Resilience Day is an occasion to evaluate and reiterate commitment at making greater preparedness to face natural calamities and by showing resolve for disaster risk reduction.
The President said Pakistan observed the Day to express solidarity and sympathy with families affected by natural calamities. He also urged all the federal and provincial stakeholders to create synergies to ensure disaster risk reduction, preparedness, mitigation, and rehabilitation.
The President also paid tribute to the people of Pakistan who had exhibited courage, selflessness, the spirit of sacrifice and resilience in the face of catastrophes.
On the occasion, Prime Minister Imran Khan has reiterated that the Government would continue to adopt all possible measures for a disaster-resilient Pakistan through more effective prevention, mitigation and preparedness.
The prime minister said, he would like to express his deepest condolences to the families of victims who lost their loved ones in the unfortunate earthquake, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The prime minister also paid homage to the victims of the recent earthquake in Mirpur, Azad Jammu and expressed the resolve that they would continue to provide all possible support to the people in the affected areas till their complete rehabilitation.
- Amazon Prime Day 2020 is happening on October 1309:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- HSY, Feroze Khan discuss initiatives to combat harassment on Live ...08:18 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Northern’s Haider Ali trends on Twitter after blasting batting in ...06:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Indian national held for crossing into Pakistan illegally, booked ...05:55 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020