Ch Nisar denounces comparison between Benazir Bhutto, Maryam Nawaz
ISLAMABAD - The former Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan on Thursday rejected the comparison being made between slain Pakistan Peoples Party leader Benazir Bhutto and Maryam Nawaz.
"Comparing Maryam Nawaz to Benazir Bhutto is wrong," Nisar said in an interview to Geo News.
The legislator clarified that there was a lot of difference between the daughter of former premier Nawaz Sharif, Maryam and Benazir Bhutto.
Nisar contended that Maryam Nawaz should only be considered as the daughter of Nawaz Sharif, the country's former prime minister who was disqualified by a five-member bench of the Supreme Court in the Panama Papers case.
"Children are only children, they cannot be accepted as leaders," Nisar stated, adding that they are "non-political".
The lawmaker who sporadically faces ire of his own fellows for his blunt stance stressed that Maryam Nawaz needed to prove her mettle first by engaging in real politics.
"Maryam Nawaz should understand and partake in practical politics. Only then can she be considered a leader," Nisar observed.
The former minister highlighted how Benazir Bhutto remained behind bars and confronted numerous challenges during her political stint.
"Benazir Bhutto spent time in jail and suffered a lot." Nisar described.
He concluded Maryam Nawaz has a long way to go in order to prove herself as a leader of Pakistan.
- 'Pakistan to boost soybean yield by using China’s intercropping ...04:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020