Ch Nisar denounces comparison between Benazir Bhutto, Maryam Nawaz
"Comparing Maryam Nawaz to Benazir Bhutto is wrong," Nisar said in an interview to Geo News.
The legislator clarified that there was a lot of difference between the daughter of former premier Nawaz Sharif, Maryam and Benazir Bhutto.
Nisar contended that Maryam Nawaz should only be considered as the daughter of Nawaz Sharif, the country's former prime minister who was disqualified by a five-member bench of the Supreme Court in the Panama Papers case.
"Children are only children, they cannot be accepted as leaders," Nisar stated, adding that they are "non-political".
The lawmaker who sporadically faces ire of his own fellows for his blunt stance stressed that Maryam Nawaz needed to prove her mettle first by engaging in real politics.
"Maryam Nawaz should understand and partake in practical politics. Only then can she be considered a leader," Nisar observed.
The former minister highlighted how Benazir Bhutto remained behind bars and confronted numerous challenges during her political stint.
"Benazir Bhutto spent time in jail and suffered a lot." Nisar described.
He concluded Maryam Nawaz has a long way to go in order to prove herself as a leader of Pakistan.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:33 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan logs 2,333 new Covid infections, 47 deaths in past 24 hours09:12 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 22 September 202108:47 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani PM Imran tells Taliban not to ban women's education11:59 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto sends adorable birthday gift to brother Bilawal04:36 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021