PM Abbasi inaugurates 340MW nuclear power plant at Chashma
The Chashma nuclear power project units C-1, C-2 and C-3 have been successfully contributing to the national grid since 2000, 2011 and 2016 respectively, reports Radio Pakistan.
Two large sized nuclear power plants, K-2 and K-3 are under construction near Karachi and are scheduled to be operational in 2020 and 2021 respectively.
They will add 2,200MW electricity to the national grid. Addressing the inauguration ceremony, PM Abbasi said that the project would help the country's energy problem.
The premier said that the nuclear plants produce economical electricity; more power generation projects would be launched in Chashma and Muzaffarabad areas, he added.
The prime minister thanked the government of China for their cooperation and said that the projects could not be completed without the support of Chinese people and the government.
He was of the view that the government would be able to eliminate loadshedding after November this year.
- Pakistan tough team to play in T20 format, says Kiwi skipper ahead of ...02:05 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Lifetime disqualification: Pakistan’s top judge terms Article ...12:54 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Yamaha increases motorbike prices by up to Rs15,500 (Check new rates ...12:22 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan Army Chief to receive enhanced honour cordon at Pentagon ...11:58 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Hareem Shah gets temporary relief from arrest in money laundering case11:05 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Asim Azhar to release mashup of two songs with young fan Arshman11:49 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022