Pakistani man murders daughter, son-in-law and two grandsons in 'honour killing' spree
According to police, the man identified as Gulzar Ahmed killed his daughter and her family, with a sharp-edged object, as she married of her own will some four years back.
District Police Officer (DPO) Saifullah Khattak confirmed the arrest of the accused following which a case was lodged against him under the Anti-Terrorism Act.
The bodies have been shifted to a hospital for autopsy and medico-legal formalities, police added.
Honour killing, though condemned and barred by law in Pakistan, is still in place. Scores of citizens, especially women, are murdered by relatives in the name of 'honour'.
Pakistan's legislature sprung into action after the honour killing of social media star Qandeel Baloch and closed the legal loopholes even then, honour killing has not been controlled to much extent.
- Pakistan up 31 places in Trading Across Border Index04:02 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Infinix Hot 10 Play with 6000mAh battery is up for pre-orders12:57 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Sindh Wildlife Dept rescues two blind Indus dolphins near Rohri canal ...11:52 AM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Watch – Why Hareem Shah slapped Mufti Abdul Qavi?08:23 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Nora Fatehi 'had fun last night' with Turkish chef Burak in Dubai ...07:29 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Mahira Khan recovers from COVID-19 infection, announces return to TV ...04:41 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021