NAB permitted to present fresh documents in Flagship reference
During the hearing of the case on Friday, Judge Arshad Malick of the accountability court announced the verdict on a plea filed by the Investigation officer of NAB, Muhammad Kamran who had sought the permission of court in this regard.
A day earlier, NAB’s prosecutor Muzaffar Abbasi expressed that the communication regarding the Mutual Legal Assistance was carried out by the Joint Investigation Team, however, the replies on the queries were to be obtained by the anti-graft body.
He argued that the concerned states were informed about the relevant department to which they had to reply on the Mutual Legal Assistance, adding that such letters need to be brought to the court record.
Hassan Nawaz owns 17 properties, NAB court told 12:33 PM | 8 Nov, 2018
ISLAMABAD -The last prosecution witness and investigation officer in the Flagship reference has revealed that Hassan ...
The request was, however, opposed by the counsel for Nawaz Sharif, Khawaja Haris though the NAB court has now allowed the accountability watchdog to furnish new documents.
If they present new documents then they should also present relevant witnesses, argued Khawaja Haris.
As many as three references have been filed against the former premier in line with the directives of the supreme court in the Panama Papers case verdict - a decision that ousted Nawaz Sharif from the PM House in July last year.
The elder Sharif was sentenced to ten years in prison by the accountability court judge Muhammad Bashir, in the Avenfield reference, however, the conviction was suspended by a two-member bench of the Islamabad High Court.
Besides Flagship reference, another reference regarding the Al-Azizia steel mills has also been filed by the accountability watchdog against the members of the former ruling family including Nawaz Sharif.
- Samsung scion Lee won't appeal prison sentence for bribery12:51 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #K2Winter2021 – Bad weather deters Muhammad Ali Sadpara, team from ...12:49 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Fresh clash reported among Indian, Chinese forces near Sikkim12:10 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Former nazim arrested for torturing minor worker over breaking ...11:24 AM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar-Mahmood’s wedding – Mehfil-e-Milad held at Bilawal House05:07 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal tie the knot today04:51 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Chaudhry The Martyr – Trailer of biopic on slain Karachi cop ...03:45 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021