Indian SC verdict will further pressurize already suppressed Muslim community: FM Qureshi
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said that the Indian Supreme Court verdict on the ownership of a centuries-old religious site in Ayodhya will put more pressure on an already suppressed Muslim community in the country.
While speaking to a private TV channel, Foreign Minister (FM) Qureshi said that Pakistan Foreign Office will issue an official statement on the matter after reading details of the verdict.
The foreign minister further questioned why the verdict was announced today after a long time, adding that the decision coincided with Kartarpur Corridor opening.
Qureshi said that the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was following and sowing the seeds of hatred with its politics.
Today (Saturday), the Indian top court has ruled in favour of Hindus by giving them the disputed land of Babri Masjid, destroyed by a Hindu extreme mob in 1992, and ordered to provide alternate land to Muslims.
Meanwhile, in a message on Twitter, Human Rights Minister Shireen Mazari has also questioned the timing of the verdict and said that “The contrast between the Indian SC's verdict on Babri Mosque strengthening the Hindutva creed and Pakistan 's opening of the Kartarpur Corridor - both on the same day - could not be more stark!”.
The contrast between the Indian SC's verdict on Babri Mosque strengthening the Hindutva creed and Pakistan's opening of the Kartarpur Corridor - both on the same day - could not be more stark! #PakistanOpensKartarpur— Shireen Mazari (@ShireenMazari1) November 9, 2019
Federal Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry has also called the decision as “Shameful, disgusting, illegal and immoral”.
Shameful, disgusting, illegal and immoral https://t.co/Apx5n529Td— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) November 9, 2019
- Re-polling in NA-259: initial results show Shahzain Bugti leading07:10 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- AIOU sets up nine new offices at less-developed regions06:47 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- UN calls for action to tackle global road safety crisis03:28 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- CCW convention makes progress on key issues of deadly autonomous ...03:24 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Queen Maxima of Netherlands to arrive in Pakistan on Nov 2501:12 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019