Qandeel Baloch's brother arrested in her honour killing case
According to details, Muhammad Arif was involved with Muhammad Waseem in the gruesome murder of social media celebrity Qandeel Baloch. He was residing in Saudi Arabia and got arrested with the help of Interpol who handed him over to Pakistan.
Muzaffarabad court magistrate Shah Khawar ordered to send the accused on a two-day physical remand in Qandeel Baloch murder case.
Sources told that the fugitive has been accused of getting provoked by Mufti Abdul Qavi for the murder of his sister whereas he has also been suspected for making phone calls from Saudi Arabia to another accused Aslam Shaheen.
View this post on Instagram
Baloch, 26, was drugged and strangled in July 2016. Her brother, Waseem Azeem Baloch, admitted to her murder at a press conference, saying Baloch had brought “dishonor to the family name.” Baloch was a frequently provocative and divisive figure in Pakistan because of what she posted on social media. These posts ranged from the mundane — complaining of a headache — to the risqué — offering to strip for the Pakistani cricket team, but her singular refusal to be shamed by Pakistani society for what she wore, said, or did made her both iconic and reviled. The court that sentenced Waseem on Friday acquitted five other men, including Pakistani cleric Abdul Qavi. (📷: Ss Mirza/AFP/Getty) – #justiceforqandeelbaloch #qandeelbaloch #qandeelbalochmurder #qandeelbalochtrial
On Sept. 27, the Model court sentenced prime suspect Muhammad Waseem for life in prison over killing his sister and famous social media star Qandeel Baloch.
According to details, other accomplices including high-profile Muslim cleric Mufti Abdul Qavi have been released over lack of evidence. The case remained under hearing for three years and two months.
Earlier, Qandeel Baloch’s parents had submitted an affidavit in the court stating that they had forgiven her murderers and requested the court to acquit their sons.
Let it be known that the Qandeel Baloch was strangled to death by her brother – Muhammad Waseem – for honour on July 15, 2016, in Multan.
The murder case was filed against Waseem and his accomplices on the complaint of the victim’s father, Muhammad Azeem.
The police had also included Qandeel’s other brothers Muhammad Arif and Aslam Shaheen, and Mufti Abdul Qavi who had posed photos with the deceased.
- Amazon Prime Day 2020 is happening on October 1309:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- HSY, Feroze Khan discuss initiatives to combat harassment on Live ...08:18 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Northern’s Haider Ali trends on Twitter after blasting batting in ...06:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Public holiday announced on Friday in Sindh06:11 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Indian national held for crossing into Pakistan illegally, booked ...05:55 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020