Qandeel Baloch's brother arrested in her honour killing case
MULTAN - Qandeel Baloch's brother, Muhammad Arif was produced before the court after his arrest from Saudi Arabia and later sent on physical remand for two days in Muzaffarabad police station.
According to details, Muhammad Arif was involved with Muhammad Waseem in the gruesome murder of social media celebrity Qandeel Baloch. He was residing in Saudi Arabia and got arrested with the help of Interpol who handed him over to Pakistan .
Muzaffarabad court magistrate Shah Khawar ordered to send the accused on a two-day physical remand in Qandeel Baloch murder case.
Sources told that the fugitive has been accused of getting provoked by Mufti Abdul Qavi for the murder of his sister whereas he has also been suspected for making phone calls from Saudi Arabia to another accused Aslam Shaheen.
View this post on Instagram
Baloch, 26, was drugged and strangled in July 2016. Her brother, Waseem Azeem Baloch, admitted to her murder at a press conference, saying Baloch had brought “dishonor to the family name.” Baloch was a frequently provocative and divisive figure in Pakistan because of what she posted on social media. These posts ranged from the mundane — complaining of a headache — to the risqué — offering to strip for the Pakistani cricket team, but her singular refusal to be shamed by Pakistani society for what she wore, said, or did made her both iconic and reviled. The court that sentenced Waseem on Friday acquitted five other men, including Pakistani cleric Abdul Qavi. (📷: Ss Mirza/AFP/Getty) – #justiceforqandeelbaloch #qandeelbaloch #qandeelbalochmurder #qandeelbalochtrial
On Sept. 27, the Model court sentenced prime suspect Muhammad Waseem for life in prison over killing his sister and famous social media star Qandeel Baloch.
According to details, other accomplices including high-profile Muslim cleric Mufti Abdul Qavi have been released over lack of evidence. The case remained under hearing for three years and two months.
Earlier, Qandeel Baloch’s parents had submitted an affidavit in the court stating that they had forgiven her murderers and requested the court to acquit their sons.
Let it be known that the Qandeel Baloch was strangled to death by her brother – Muhammad Waseem – for honour on July 15, 2016, in Multan.
The murder case was filed against Waseem and his accomplices on the complaint of the victim’s father, Muhammad Azeem.
The police had also included Qandeel’s other brothers Muhammad Arif and Aslam Shaheen, and Mufti Abdul Qavi who had posed photos with the deceased.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- SC moved to cancel bail of Maryam Nawaz10:25 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Orange Line Metro Train's test run on Dec 1010:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019