Umpire Aleem Dar contributes $10,000 to Pakistan's dams fund
“I have decided to contribute $10,000 for the dams fund initiative,” he said in a video message.
Dar, whose career in cricket spans 18 years, also appreciated the efforts put in by the country’s top judge and the PTI government. “I appreciate the efforts put in by Chief Justice of Pakistan [Mian Saqib Nisar] and government of Pakistan to construct dams in Pakistan,” he said.
— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) September 9, 2018
“This initiative is going to be a serve as a great benefit for us and our coming generations in the future,” he added and requested fellow Pakistanis, including those living abroad, to come forward and contribute funds generously for this cause.
Dar’s donation follows an appeal by Prime Minister Imran Khan to all the Pakistanis, especially those living overseas, to generously contribute to building new dams.
In a brief pre-recorded address to the nation, Prime Minister Imran described the ongoing water crisis as the biggest challenge confronting the country. He warned that if new water reservoirs were not built within seven years, the country would be facing a drought-like situation.
The initiative was originally kick-started by Chief Justice Saqib Nisar who donated Rs1 million for the two dams and urged all institutions and individuals to play their due role for the construction of the dams in the country.
The country’s Supreme Court had directed authorities to immediately start construction of the two dams and appealed to the people, including overseas Pakistanis, to make a contribution for executing the projects.
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020