India has killed 94,290 Kashmiris since January 1989
A report released by the Research Section of Kashmir Media Service, on the occasion of the World Human Rights Day on Thursday, revealed that these killings rendered 22,806 women widowed and 107,545 children orphaned.
The report said that the troops molested or disgraced 10,167 women and damaged 106,050 residential houses and other structures.
It maintained that Indian troops and police subjected over 8,000 people to custodial disappearance in the period.
The report pointed out that during the past seven years alone, Indian police arrested thousands of young boys, youth, students and Hurriyet leaders including Masarrat Aalam Butt, who continues to languish in jails under draconian law Public Safety Act.
The veteran Hurriyet leader, Syed Ali Gilani, has so far spent 235 days in house detention during the current year, and he has not been allowed to offer Juma prayers during the period.
Other leaders including Shabbir Ahmad Shah, Muhammad Yasin Malik, Nayeem Ahmad Khan, Zafar Akbar Butt, Aasiya Andrabi and others were put under detention either in houses or in jails, and were not allowed to carry on political activities.
- Major university in Islamabad closed down after Covid-19 positive ...11:49 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- ‘Wedding celebrations’ — Video of Kashmala Tariq dancing to ...11:07 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan to propose March 15 declared as Int’l Day against ...09:26 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Punjab decides to raise wheat support price to Rs160008:46 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Turkish President Erdogan urges boycott of French products07:49 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Undefeated UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov announces retirement after ...10:31 AM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Scarlett Johansson to star in 'Bride' for Apple, A2404:06 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- IN PICS: Sana Javed, Umair Jaswal share unseen shots of their Nikkah03:08 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020