India has killed 94,290 Kashmiris since January 1989
SRINAGAR (Online) - In occupied Kashmir, Indian troops in their unabated acts of state terrorism martyred 94,290 innocent Kashmiris, including 7,038 in custody since January 1989 till date.
A report released by the Research Section of Kashmir Media Service, on the occasion of the World Human Rights Day on Thursday, revealed that these killings rendered 22,806 women widowed and 107,545 children orphaned.
The report said that the troops molested or disgraced 10,167 women and damaged 106,050 residential houses and other structures.
It maintained that Indian troops and police subjected over 8,000 people to custodial disappearance in the period.
The report pointed out that during the past seven years alone, Indian police arrested thousands of young boys, youth, students and Hurriyet leaders including Masarrat Aalam Butt, who continues to languish in jails under draconian law Public Safety Act.
The veteran Hurriyet leader, Syed Ali Gilani, has so far spent 235 days in house detention during the current year, and he has not been allowed to offer Juma prayers during the period.
Other leaders including Shabbir Ahmad Shah, Muhammad Yasin Malik, Nayeem Ahmad Khan, Zafar Akbar Butt, Aasiya Andrabi and others were put under detention either in houses or in jails, and were not allowed to carry on political activities.
- Zindagi Tamasha: Sarmad Khoosat writes open letter to Imran Khan ...11:37 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi, US Senator Lindsey Graham discusses Pak-US bilateral ...11:14 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Iranian missile attacks on US bases in Iraq left 11 soldiers Injured09:35 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan to tell US it will not be part of any conflict: FM Qureshi08:35 AM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan makes a case for leaving your makeup at home while ...04:19 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Vanessa Hudgens and Austin Butler reportedly split after 9 years ...03:45 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Jemima Goldsmith shares what it’s like to marry a national hero03:26 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019