Edhi's eyes light up two persons' world after his death
According to a statement issued by Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplant (SIUT), Edhi was one of the 2,000 people who had pledged their body organs after death and the Edhi family donated both his eyes after he died at SIUT on Friday.
"The successful surgery was performed in the late afternoon on Saturday by a team of surgeons of the department of ophthalmology at SIUT," the statement added.
"The death of Edhi sahab has given vision to two most deserving persons and this is how he had wished his legacy to continue after death. We all hope Edhi sahab’s donation will encourage others to save the lives of patients of end stage organ failure," read the SIUT statement.
Earlier on Saturday, Abdul Sattar Edhi was laid to rest at Edhi Village in Karachi, following a state funeral which was attended by President Mamnoon Hussain, the three armed services chiefs, two chief ministers, the Sindh governor and thousands of others including political and rights activists.
- Sindh SHOs permitted to take action against Covid SOPs’ violations08:45 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan to become mobile phones’ exporter by 2022, says Razak ...08:17 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Noor Mukadam murder: Can’t get Zahir Jaffer killed in police ...07:42 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran facing life threats, reveals information minister07:09 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty releases detailed statement after husband Raj Kundra's ...04:08 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021