Royal couple's meeting with PM Imran, President Alvi scheduled
ISLAMABAD - Prince William and Kate Middleton of the British royal family will meet president Arif Alvi and Prime Minister Imran Khan on October 15, sources in the Foreign Office informed on Thursday.
The royal couple will reach Pakistan on October 14 as per the earlier schedule and will call on top civilian leadership a day later, before heading to Lahore.
The couple would visit serene Chitral valley on Oct 17, sources confirmed on Thursday.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will head back to the UK on October 18 after completion of their first-ever trip to the south-Asian country.
Earlier in the day, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi met UK high commissioner to Pakistan, Thomas Drew wherein he said that Pakistan was waiting to welcome the royal couple.
British royal couple seeks building 'lasting ... 09:09 PM | 4 Oct, 2019
LONDON - The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate Middleton, have said they are looking forward to ...
In an earlier statement by the Kensington Palace, it was stated that Prince William and Kate Middleton are looking forward to ‘building a lasting friendship’ with the people of Pakistan during their first-ever visit to the country.
“The UK’s links with Pakistan are extensive, and Their Royal Highnesses are looking forward to building a lasting friendship with the people of Pakistan,” read a statement by the royal couple’s communication secretary.
The official stated that the tour will encompass “the modern leafy capital Islamabad, the vibrant city of Lahore, the mountainous countryside in the North, and the rugged border regions to the West”.
- Three Pakistani soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020