Royal couple's meeting with PM Imran, President Alvi scheduled
ISLAMABAD - Prince William and Kate Middleton of the British royal family will meet president Arif Alvi and Prime Minister Imran Khan on October 15, sources in the Foreign Office informed on Thursday.
The royal couple will reach Pakistan on October 14 as per the earlier schedule and will call on top civilian leadership a day later, before heading to Lahore.
The couple would visit serene Chitral valley on Oct 17, sources confirmed on Thursday.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will head back to the UK on October 18 after completion of their first-ever trip to the south-Asian country.
Earlier in the day, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi met UK high commissioner to Pakistan, Thomas Drew wherein he said that Pakistan was waiting to welcome the royal couple .
British royal couple seeks building 'lasting ... 09:09 PM | 4 Oct, 2019
LONDON - The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate Middleton, have said they are looking forward to ...
In an earlier statement by the Kensington Palace, it was stated that Prince William and Kate Middleton are looking forward to ‘building a lasting friendship’ with the people of Pakistan during their first-ever visit to the country.
“The UK’s links with Pakistan are extensive, and Their Royal Highnesses are looking forward to building a lasting friendship with the people of Pakistan,” read a statement by the royal couple’s communication secretary.
The official stated that the tour will encompass “the modern leafy capital Islamabad, the vibrant city of Lahore, the mountainous countryside in the North, and the rugged border regions to the West”.
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PTM's Ali Wazir, Mohsin Dawar among 15 arrested in Islamabad06:50 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistani pavilion inaugurated at Arab Health Exhibition in Dubai04:57 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- 32 early harvest projects completed under CPEC in 5 years04:52 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019