'High-level' task force to be established for NAP implementation
ISLAMABAD (Staff Report) – Top military and civilian leadership of the country held a meeting on Thursday to discuss the security situation of the country.
The meeting decided to establish 'high-level' task force, comprising representatives of all concerned departments and agencies, to monitor the execution of National Action Plan (NAP).
The six-hour long meeting, chaired by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif , took strategic review of the regional and internal security situation, reported Radio Pakistan.
Nawaz, while asking to take time-bound and result-oriented action to eliminate terrorism from the country, directed that every effort must be made to implement NAP .
The participants stressed the necessity to provide sufficient resources to the intelligence agencies, claiming that they play a vital role in safeguarding the country.
In the meeting it was reaffirmed that restoration of complete peace and tranquility will remain priority of the government and state institutions.
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019