Tragic bus accident kills 57 in Karachi
The crash happened late in the night whereas oil tanker is accused of high speeding and driving on the wrong side of the road.
When the two vehicles collided, both burst into flames, and the driver of the tanker is said to have fled the scene.
Some passengers riding on the roof of the bus were able to escape, but 57 bodies have been found.
Provincial information minister Sharjeel Memon said: "The bus and all passengers were so badly burnt that we have to carry out DNA tests for identification."
The bus was travelling to the town of Shikarpur, and following the incident patients were taken to the emergency department at Jinnah Hospital in Karachi.
The tragedy comes just months after 50 people died when a bus collided with a goods vehicle near the city of Khairpur.
- Join nightlife photography contest by realme to win realme 7 pro!09:20 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan’s economy in right direction after attaining ...09:04 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Father-of-three martyred after Indian army targets civilian ...08:46 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Bank Alfalah introduces PM’s Roshan Digital Account to Dubai expats08:13 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- How much Master Tiles & Jalal Sons spent on lavish wedding, reveals ...07:52 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Here's all about Grammys Award 2021 Nominations - Watch live stream12:00 AM | 25 Nov, 2020