Tragic bus accident kills 57 in Karachi
The crash happened late in the night whereas oil tanker is accused of high speeding and driving on the wrong side of the road.
When the two vehicles collided, both burst into flames, and the driver of the tanker is said to have fled the scene.
Some passengers riding on the roof of the bus were able to escape, but 57 bodies have been found.
Provincial information minister Sharjeel Memon said: "The bus and all passengers were so badly burnt that we have to carry out DNA tests for identification."
The bus was travelling to the town of Shikarpur, and following the incident patients were taken to the emergency department at Jinnah Hospital in Karachi.
The tragedy comes just months after 50 people died when a bus collided with a goods vehicle near the city of Khairpur.
- China alleges ‘political manipulation’ as G7 leaders discuss BRI ...12:15 AM | 15 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Colin, Iftikhar power Islamabad United to 8-wicket win ...11:59 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes Rs370 billion for health services10:51 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows women to register for Hajj without guardian10:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021