Tragic bus accident kills 57 in Karachi
The crash happened late in the night whereas oil tanker is accused of high speeding and driving on the wrong side of the road.
When the two vehicles collided, both burst into flames, and the driver of the tanker is said to have fled the scene.
Some passengers riding on the roof of the bus were able to escape, but 57 bodies have been found.
Provincial information minister Sharjeel Memon said: "The bus and all passengers were so badly burnt that we have to carry out DNA tests for identification."
The bus was travelling to the town of Shikarpur, and following the incident patients were taken to the emergency department at Jinnah Hospital in Karachi.
The tragedy comes just months after 50 people died when a bus collided with a goods vehicle near the city of Khairpur.
- Pakistan clean sweep 3-match T20 series against Sri Lanka05:27 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Pakistani delegation to visit India next week for talks on water ...04:54 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Former SC justice Maqbool Baqar top contender for NAB chairman post04:28 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Pakistani climber Kashif becomes world's youngest to scale all five ...04:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Saba Qamar’s new dance video goes viral02:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- New Zealand PM pays tribute to Pakistan's Benazir Bhutto at Harvard07:07 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022