FM Qureshi reiterates commitment to deliver on Commonwealth's vision
LONDON - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has reiterated Pakistan’s commitment to delivering on the vision of the Commonwealth towards building sustainable institutions and inclusive society, internalizing good governance and mainstreaming gender parity, the Radio Pakistan reports on Thursday.
Speaking at the Extraordinary meeting of Commonwealth in London, he said rule of law, eradication of corruption, economic development and social justice are key priorities of the government for the long term and sustainable growth.
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has said that Pakistan is focusing its attention to regional peace and stability. He said concrete steps have been taken to check money laundering and terror financing. pic.twitter.com/xFX3uDAD3Q— Govt of Pakistan (@pid_gov) July 10, 2019
The foreign minister said that there is an ever-growing number of Pakistani women entering our workforce and government has introduced legislation to protect the rights of women and their economic and social empowerment.
While giving an overview of economic reforms of the government, he said Pakistan believes in people-centric development.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi also highlighted the special focus of Prime Minister Imran Khan on youth and the various programmes that have been started for economic uplift.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019