FM Qureshi reiterates commitment to deliver on Commonwealth's vision
LONDON - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has reiterated Pakistan’s commitment to delivering on the vision of the Commonwealth towards building sustainable institutions and inclusive society, internalizing good governance and mainstreaming gender parity, the Radio Pakistan reports on Thursday.
Speaking at the Extraordinary meeting of Commonwealth in London, he said rule of law, eradication of corruption, economic development and social justice are key priorities of the government for the long term and sustainable growth.
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has said that Pakistan is focusing its attention to regional peace and stability. He said concrete steps have been taken to check money laundering and terror financing. pic.twitter.com/xFX3uDAD3Q— Govt of Pakistan (@pid_gov) July 10, 2019
The foreign minister said that there is an ever-growing number of Pakistani women entering our workforce and government has introduced legislation to protect the rights of women and their economic and social empowerment.
While giving an overview of economic reforms of the government, he said Pakistan believes in people-centric development.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi also highlighted the special focus of Prime Minister Imran Khan on youth and the various programmes that have been started for economic uplift.
- French prime minister resigns01:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Hayme Ana from Diriliş: Ertuğrul is a phenomenal actress: Aisha ...12:38 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Better compliance of SOPs by people helped to contain spread of ...12:37 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020