World Economic Forum president in Pakistan on first visit in 20 years
ISLAMABAD – The president of World Economic Forum, a leading global economic development organization, arrived in Islamabad on a one-day visit to meet Prime Minister Imran Khan and other key members of the government.
Børge Brende will also meet Nadeem Babar, Adviser on Petroleum to the Prime Minister; Abdul Razzak Dawood, Adviser to the Prime Minister on Commerce; Malik Amin Aslam, Adviser to the Prime Minister on Climate Change; Minister of Education Shafqat Mahmood, as well as Sohail Mahmood, Foreign Secretary.
This is the first visit of World Economic Forum President to Pakistan in almost 20 years.
Looking forward to be back in Islamabad for meetings with PM @ImranKhanPTI and key ministers. We will be launching an important “National Accelerator on Closing the Skills Gap in Pakistan” https://t.co/Reb62lOmRF
— Børge Brende (@borgebrende) July 10, 2019
Ikram Sehgal, Chairman of Pathfinder Group, a founder member of the World Economic Forum, together with the Chairman of Martin Dow Group, Ali Akhai, son of the late Jawed Akhai – both active members of the Forum – will host a lunch at a local hotel in honour of Mr Brende.
For the last 17 years Pathfinder and Martin Dow have organized the “Pakistan Breakfast” during the Annual Meetings of the World Economic Forum at Davos, during which the Chief Guest from Pakistan is available for a “Question and Answer” session with international leaders and media personalities.
The forthcoming visit of the World Economic Forum President to Islamabad is an expression of the interest that this global organization is taking in Pakistan and its readiness to take more initiatives to support the country through a difficult transition period.
The World Economic Forum, based in Cologny-Geneva, Switzerland, was founded in 1971 as a not-for-profit organization.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020