FC foils major terrorist plot to target Muharram processions in Balochistan
According to a press release by the military's media wing, 21 improvised explosive device's (IED) weighing 235 kilograms were recovered during an intelligence-based operation from the border town of Qamar Din Karaiz.
They IEDs were to be used to target Muharram processions, the ISPR said.
In order to ensure foolproof security during Muharram, the law enforcement agencies have taken stringent measures.
The 1st of Muharram will fall on Wednesday, September 12. Subsequently, the Ashura will be observed on September 21.
Mourning processions and religious gatherings are held across the country at large level amid beefed up security.
- 'Imported govt' trying to spread fear throught arrests, Imran tells ...11:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- In a first, Pakistan adopts fastest growing sport Futsal11:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz renews his offer of a charter of economy11:01 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- #PehchaanKaRung a soul stirring DVC Starring renowned thespian ...10:42 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- At least three killed, five injured in North Waziristan IED blast10:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer reveals Kubra Khan is recovering from surgery08:30 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hareem Shah hints at breakup in latest video09:29 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Muneeb Butt finally comments on sister-in-law Minal Khan's Instagram ...09:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022