Indian troops kill one Kashmiri youth in Sopore as lockdown in Occupied Kashmir continues on 38th day
SRINAGAR - Indian troops, in their fresh act of state terrorism, martyred a Kashmiri youth in Sopore town in occupied Kashmir today.
According to Kashmir Media Service (KMS), the youth identified as Asif was travelling in a car when Indian troops opened fire on the vehicle and killed him.
Earlier, Indian troops during house raids arrested at least eight youth in different areas of Sopore town.
Meanwhile, curfew and other restrictions and communication blockade continued on 38th consecutive day, today, in all parts of the Kashmir valley.
The held-valley is under military siege since 5th August when Narendra Modi-led communal government in New Delhi announced the repeal of the special status of occupied Kashmir. Since then, markets and other business establishments are closed while public transport is off the roads across the valley. The mobile and internet services and TV channels remain closed which is affecting the work of journalists, students and businessmen.
Due to severe blockade, people continue to face a shortage of essential commodities including baby food, milk and life-saving drugs and the valley represents a humanitarian crisis.
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP unrest: Khadim Rizvi's brother, nephew among 86 awarded ...08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019