Sindh government maligning Rangers to save ‘just one man’: Ch Nisar
Speaking at a press conference on Saturday in the federal capital, the interior minister accused the provincial government of trying to “detrack the Karachi operation to save just one man (Dr Asim Hussain)”.
“I don't know how deep your ties are with him (Dr Hussain),” the minister remarked. “How far can a party or a government go for one person?”
Read more: Dr Asim Hussain handed over to NAB
“If things do not change, then I will present some options on behalf of the federal government,” he further warned.
Nisar’s tirade comes as the PPP-led provincial government is delaying extending Rangers’ special policing powers in Sindh.
“For a week now, Rangers is serving on the streets of Karachi without legal cover. If there were reservations or concerns, why where they not brought up weeks earlier,”
The interior minister said the provincial government had for years extended Rangers’ powers via executive notifications and questioned the ‘sudden’ need to consult the assembly on the matter.
Separately on Saturday, Advisor to Sindh Chief Minister on Information Maula Bux Chandio expressed hope that the provincial government would grant extension in Rangers’ policing powers in Karachi on coming Monday.
During a press conference, Chandio said a constitutional requirement needs to be fulfilled in granting extension and for that matter the issue is being taken in Sindh Assembly.
Chandio said the Sindh government has full confidence on Pakistan army, adding that ongoing operation in Karachi against criminal elements would continue. “The target operation in Karachi would continue till elimination of last terrorist.”
- Tiktok launches Urdu safety center in Pakistan04:11 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan's interior minister visits Siachen, pays tribute to martyrs ...03:47 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan initiates dialogue with Taliban for an inclusive Afghan ...03:18 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Sindh announces public holiday on Sept 22 to mark Urs of Shah Abdul ...02:33 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Watch: PIA flight receives water cannon salute in Syria01:49 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021