PIA's Roosevelt Hotel not to be sold, clarifies PM Abbasi
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has ruled out the possibility of selling off Pakistan International Airlines' prestigious Roosevelt Hotel in New York.
The decision was made after the premier chaired a meeting regarding the affairs related to the hotel where the Aviation Division Secretary briefed the participants about the financial condition of the hotel and the reducing scale of return on the investment.
Prime Minister Abbasi said the government considered the Roosevelt Hotel an important historical building owned by the state and clarified that its divestment was not an option.
'Apart from being a valuable property, the hotel carried cultural significance for Pakistan,' affirmed Premier Abbasi.
The prime minister also directed the aviation division to submit a business plan to improve the income stream of the hotel by either alternate or mixed-use development strategy.
The meeting was attended by the prime minister’s adviser on aviation, Sardar Mehtab Ahmed Khan, and other senior officials.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:10 AM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 18 June 202109:33 AM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan logs 1,043 new Covid cases, 39 deaths in one day08:36 AM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Pakistani man gets 12 years in jail for posting wife’s ‘indecent ...01:06 AM | 18 Jun, 2021
- TikToker Mian Kashif arrested for fraud with Ertugrul star (VIDEO)08:46 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Sanam Saeed agrees with Riz Ahmed's stance on Muslim ...05:56 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Egyptian siblings earn 5 Guinness World Records including largest ...05:14 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021