PAF trainer aircraft crashes near Mardan, pilot ejects safely
RAWALPINDI - A trainer aircraft of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) crashed in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's Mardan district on Wednesday, said a PAF spokesperson.
The aircraft crashed on a routine training mission near Takht Bhai. He added that the pilot safely ejected out of the aircraft.
"A board of inquiry has been ordered by Air Headquarters to determine the cause of the accident," said the press release.
PAF trainer jet (reportedly T-37C) crashes in Mardan district. Both pilots ejected.
3rd crash of a PAF jet in 2020.pic.twitter.com/wflWpiJJ8n— The Wolfpack???? (@TheWolfpack71) February 12, 2020
This is the second time in less than a week that a training aircraft of the PAF crashed after a Mirage aircraft crashed near Shorkot city of Punjab's Jhang district on Friday.
According to a PAF spokesperson, the Mirage aircraft, used for training by the air force crashed on a routine operational training mission. The official added that no loss of life was reported in the accident.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020