Islamabad police, ANF recover cache of narcotics in joint operation
In a joint press conference by ANF Brigadier Syed Mubasher Kazmi, DIG Operations Faisal Ali Raja and SSP Operations Syed Waqar Ud Din here on Saturday, it was informed that 49 persons were nabbed during a targeted operation in last 24 hours in `Dore’ and `Athal’ villages.
A total of 41.506-kilogram hashish, 2.460-kilogram heroin, 300-gram opium, 487-gram ice, 322 wine bottles, one 7mm rifle, one 9MM pistol, five 30 bore pistols were recovered from them.
Following directions from Government of Pakistan and as envisioned by Prime Minister of Pakistan, it was told that high-level meeting was held by IGP Islamabad Muhammad Aamir Zulfiqar Khan and DG ANF Major General Arif Malik.
آئی جی اسلام آباد محمد عامر ذوالفقار خان کی ہدایت پر منشیات فروشوں کے خلاف گرینڈ ٹارگٹڈ آپریشن اسلام آباد پولیس اور اے این ایف کی بھاری نفری نے مشترکہ طورپر کیا. آپریشن ترنول کے علاقہ ڈورے گاؤں اور بھارہ کہو کے علاقہ اٹھال گاؤں اور دیگر جگہوں پر کیا گیا.#DrugsFreeIslamabad pic.twitter.com/1YT3ssCCNU— Islamabad Police (@ICT_Police) January 12, 2019
It was agreed to conduct joint operation against drug pushers. Consequently, SSP (Operations) along with all Zonal SPs, SP Investigation, SDPOs and SHOs in collaboration with ANF carried out a joint targeted operation in the areas from where the complaints were being received about drug supply.
The operation was also participated by senior command of ANF and K-9 Dog Unit assisted during it.
During the press conference, the official said the purpose of arranging this interaction with media is to highlight the seriousness of law enforcement agencies in eradicating drug menace from society at large.
Besides, that focus was educational institutions and law enforcers resolved to go all out against the suppliers and drug pushers particularly.
Two students held for supplying drugs at ... 11:32 AM | 21 Nov, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Police have arrested two students of the Quaid-i-Azama University for allegedly supplying drugs at the ...
He said it was our aim to secure the future of the young generation and all possible efforts would be made for it.
Under the supervision of IGP Islamabad, Muhammad Aamir Zulfiqar, the SSP said Islamabad would be made drug free city. He said both ANF and ICT Police would continue efforts against drug pushers till achievement of its desired results in the Capital city.
- 'Imported govt' trying to spread fear throught arrests, Imran tells ...11:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- In a first, Pakistan adopts fastest growing sport Futsal11:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz renews his offer of a charter of economy11:01 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- #PehchaanKaRung a soul stirring DVC Starring renowned thespian ...10:42 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- At least three killed, five injured in North Waziristan IED blast10:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer reveals Kubra Khan is recovering from surgery08:30 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hareem Shah hints at breakup in latest video09:29 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Muneeb Butt finally comments on sister-in-law Minal Khan's Instagram ...09:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022