SC to hear review petition seeking disqualification of PM Imran Khan on Oct 18
ISLAMABAD – The Supreme Court on Friday set the date to hear a review petition filed by incarcerated Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz’s (PML-N) Hanif Abbasi seeking disqualification of Prime Minister Imran Khan over non-disclosure of assets and ownership of offshore companies.
A three-member special bench of the SC headed by Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar will hear the case on October 18 (Thursday).
The court had ruled earlier that Khan was not liable to declare offshore company Niazi Services Ltd in his 2013 nomination papers as he was not a shareholder or director of the company.
The court also said that PM Khan provided sufficient money trail vindicating his claims of Bani Gala property's purchase price.
Abbasi had filed the petition in November last year.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020