At least 4 dead in bomb blast near JUI-F leader Akram Durrani's convoy in Bannu
The leader of Jamat-e-Islami Fazal (JUI-F) and also a candidate of Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal (MMA) is contesting elections from NA-35 constituency against Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan.
He was coming from attending a corner meeting amid election campaign when he was targetted near Haveed area.
Luckily, Durrani remained safe in the attack, DPO Khurram Rasheed said, adding that the injured persons, including policemen, have been shifted to a hospital for treatment. Five injured are said to be in critical condition.
RPO Bannu Karim Khan suspects that explosive material had been planted in a motorbike. However, no any terrorist group has claimed the responsibility for the attack.
Durran served as Minister for Housing and Works, in former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi cabinet from August 2017 to May 2018. Previously, he served as the Minister for Housing & Works in third Sharif ministry from June 2013 to July 2017.
Caretaker Prime Minister retired Justice Nasirul Mulk has strongly condemned Bannu bomb blast. In a message, he expressed deep grief over the loss of lives in the incident and prayed for early recovery of the injured.
PTI chief also condemned the attack on Durrani and his convoy.
Strongly condemn the terrorist attack on Akram Durrani & his convoy. There seems to be a conspiracy to sabotage the 25 July elections but the people of Pakistan will not allow any design intended to target these historic elections to succeed.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) July 13, 2018
ANP's HAROON BILOUR AMONG 21 DEAD IN PESHAWAR ATTACK
This is the second attack on the political leaders in KP in just two days. On July 11, a senior leader of Awami National Party (ANP) and candidate for PK-78, Haroon Bilour was among 21 people who were martyred in an explosion in Peshawar.
ANP candidate Haroon Bilour among 21 dead, dozens ... 08:30 AM | 11 Jul, 2018
PESHAWAR - A senior leader of Awami National Party (ANP) and candidate for PK-78, Haroon Bilour was among 21 people who ...
According to police, the blast occurred during a corner meeting of Awami National Party (ANP) in the Yaka Toot area of the KP capital.
The Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) confirmed that it was a suicide blast. The responsibility for the Peshawar suicide blast has been claimed by the Pakistan faction of outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban.
- World’s largest copy of Quran being made in Pakistan07:52 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- First PIA flight to Oman’s Salalah airport receives water cannon ...07:05 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- ‘Historic moment’ – Islamabad airport handles first cargo for ...06:29 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Social media reacts to whooping hike in petrol price in Pakistan05:26 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- TECNO successfully completes Islamabad matches for the PUBG Campus ...04:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi all praise for co-stars Bilal Abbas Khan and Sajal Aly10:48 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021