Cellular service partially suspended in Lahore
According to details, the service would be hanged up until 11pm in order to avoid any untoward situation during the welcome rally to be conducted by the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz to receive former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz at the Allama Iqbal International Airport.
Earlier, Interim Punjab government has also written a letter to the Ministry of Interior seeking to partially suspend cellular services in Lahore amid fear of violence.
The caretakers want to suspend the mobile phone service in five areas that include Lahore airport, walled city area, Shahdara, Nawab Town and Burki Hadyara, a notification stated.
Some people complained that cellular services are being suspended in the areas which are not mentioned in the official notification.
No mobile phone service in Gulberg— Shafiq Ahmad (@shafiq_a) July 13, 2018
Mobile phone service suspended in Lahore, only Wi-Fi is working but don't know how long— Aqeel Najam Hashmi (@Aqeelhashmi37) July 13, 2018
Security has also been put on high alert across the capital city. According to Lahore’s City Traffic Officer, the plan will be executed before the rally of the PML-N, while more than 200 wardens will be deputed to maintain the flow of the traffic.
The authorities have also suspended the metro bus service ahead of the Sharif’s arrival, leaving commuters in limbo.
Security has also been beefed up in the provincial capital ahead of PML-N leaders arrival. Police contingents have been deployed at all sensitive installations and main roads.
Security on high alert in Lahore ahead of ... 11:55 AM | 13 Jul, 2018
LAHORE - Security has been put on high alert across the capital city ahead of the arrival of former prime minister ...
Police and city administration have blocked all roads leading to the Lahore airport by placing containers to bar PML-N workers and leaders to reach from welcoming the duo.
A larger number of impounded containers have been dispatched at more than 50 points in the city, including Thokar Niaz Baig, Multan Road, Ghari Shahu, Davis Road, Band Road, Lakshmi Chowk, Babu Sabu Interchange, Mazang Chungi, Model Town- Link Road, Bhatta Chowk, Cantt Entrance, Shahdara Chowk, Azaadi Flyover, Raiwand Road, Ring Road, Airport & Surrounding Areas, Yateem Khana Chowk and All Interchanges of main cities of Punjab on Motorway M2 towards Lahore, to block the roads.
- Pakistan’s ‘best bank' denies trans rights activist an account ...11:52 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan Air Force chief meets Turkish defence industries head11:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Woman accusing Babar Azam of sexual abuse says video of her ...11:08 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Punjab CM Buzdar lays foundation stone of Sheikhupura-Gujranwala road10:45 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- US threatens India with sanctions over purchase of Russian S-400 air ...10:39 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021