Sharif family moves SC seeking order to club NAB references
ISLAMABAD - Sharif family on Friday moved the Supreme Court to halt the proceeding of the accountability court in three corruption cases.
The former premier's counsel filed an application citing Section 9 (a) (5) of the National Accountability Ordinance stated that more than one reference regarding owing assets beyond known sources of income can not be filed.
It says the proceedings of the NAB court should be stopped against Sharif family until a single reference is filed by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB)
The petitioner also asked that apex court's direction to NAB regarding filing of three reference should be declared illegal.
The Sharif family's petition states that conducting several trial on one allegation violates the basic rights of the petitioners.
NAB has filed three references against Nawaz Sharif and his children - Maryam, Hussain and Hassan Nawaz, and son-in-law Captain (retd) Safdar.
NAB’s Rawalpindi branch prepared references regarding the Azizia Steel Mills and nearly a dozen companies and made Nawaz Sharif and his sons respondents.
The bureau’s Lahore branch prepared a reference regarding Avenfield apartments in London in which the former premier, his three children and son-in-law have been made respondents.
The references were filed in the backdrop of Supreme Court’s July 28 decision in the Panama Papers case in which Nawaz Sharif was also disqualified for concealing his employment with Capital FZE, a firm owned by his younger son Hassan.
- PM Shehbaz to announce relief package for those who can’t afford ...09:45 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:19 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 27 May 202208:46 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022