'Naya Pakistan': PTI's MPA brutally beats a Karachiite publicly (VIDEO)
KARACHI - A video circulating on social media shows Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) newly elected member Sindh Assembly Imran Ali Shah thrashing a citizen in the middle of the road near Karachi stadium.
Dr Imran Ali Shah member parliament PTI on his quest to end protocol culture. Gave his tribute to a citizen who dared cross his SUV in Karachi pic.twitter.com/uzkaY7FYsu— Super Maan (@ZameerMaan) August 14, 2018
According to some social media users, Imran Shah allegedly thrashed the local man who tried to cross MPAs luxury vehicle.
MPAs guards also abused the citizen.
Meanwhile, PTI leader Faisal Vawda termed this act highly unacceptable behaviour in any case, saying no one is above the law. “I apologise on behalf of my party MPA and rest assured justice will be done and will make sure it’s not repeated again.”
Full video of PTI MPA beating a citizen. pic.twitter.com/ADSQZOCuym— Arbab GM (@ArbabGM) August 14, 2018
PTI—during its election campaign—has advocated against VIP culture, movement and protocol. The chief of the party and PM-in-waiting Imran Khan has refused to take any protocol.
PTI has issued a show cause notice to MPA Imran Shah.
No one is above the law is the basic premise of Imran Khan’s Naya Pakiatan. An elected MPA taking the law into his own hands,for whatever reason,is completely unacceptable.We condemn this behaviour and expect strict action to be taken.— PTI (@PTIofficial) August 14, 2018
Show cause notice has been issued to the MPA pic.twitter.com/isGlFKovcV
I have seen the video and am probing the matter, and simultaneously we are issuing a show cause notice to Dr. Imran Ali Shah.— Firdous Naqvi (@Fsnaqvi) August 14, 2018
Once all the facts are known we will let everyone know of the future course of action.
Netizens have lambasted the cruel behaviour of the MPA and demanded PTI to take stern disciplinary action against the culprit.
However, newly-elected MPA Dr Imran Ali Shah has given a clarification on Twitter and said: "Being a responsible citizen and a member of the provincial assembly I have more responsibility towards my people, The viraled clip is half-truth and misleading. I cannot turn a blind eye on someone doing injustice to a citizen for any reason."
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019