Pervaiz Elahi, Shujaat Hussain under NAB radar in fresh probe
ISLAMABAD - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has launched investigations against Speaker Punjab Assembly Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi and others for alleged financial misappropriation.
According to a press release issued on Thursday, the executive board of the bureau approved inquiries against political heavyweights including Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain as well.
Former foreign minister Hina Rabbani Khar, former National Highway Authority chief Shahid Ashraf Tarar, former Evacuee Trust Board Property (ETPB) Chairman Siddiq ul Farooq, and former Managing Director Pakistan Bait-ul- Mal Abid Wahed Shaikh would also be investigated as part of the inquiry launched against them in separate cases.
The bureau announced that a reference would also be filed for illegal award of tender regarding the diplomatic shuttle service with accused including former chairman Capital Development Authority Kamran Lashari, Asif Hashmi, Zafar Iqbal and deputy administrator Qasoor Akram Joyia.
Moreover, another reference would also be filed in the accountability court against Ghulam Sarwar Sindhu, Muhammad Hussain, Munir Jilani, Nusrat ullah, formre local government secretary Aurangzeb, Asghar Khan, former XEN Hala division Ashiq Ali as per the communique issued by the accountability watchdog.
During the meeting, NAB chief Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal expressed that corruption was the root cause of all the evils. He vowed to bring corruption cases to a logical conclusion.
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020