PIA boss reveals new strategy for national flag-carrier’s revival in first public address
In his first public address at Faisalabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FCCI) on Monday, he said that a short-term plan would ensure smooth functioning of the PIA, while in the long-term the organisation would be revived on permanent basis within next 3-5 years.
Air Marshal Arshad Mahmood Malik appointed PIA ... 09:18 PM | 11 Oct, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The federal government has appointed Vice Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal Arshad Mahmood Malik as the ...
Malik said that he had visited Turkey to review the revival of Turkish Airlines. Similarly, he had also reviewed the Qatar model while in coming days he would visit Malaysia and other countries to review and discuss their national airline.
The PIA is currently facing losses of Rs3 billion per month, the CEO told the gathering at FCCI. It has 32 aircraft, out of which only six are generating revenue.
He disclosed that nine planes, which are in working condition, have not been in use for the last nine months. Some 18,000 workers are at the PIA payroll, he added.
He mentioned 7 loss-making routes and added that the organisation had 36 offices of labour unions, out of which only 10 offices had been closed.
Malik said he would address a press conference in Islamabad on Tuesday to present more statistics about the present situation of the PIA.
Responding to a question, he said that three direct flights from Faisalabad to Jeddah would be launched from February 15 while two separate high-level teams would visit the FCCI next week to review expansion of the existing runway and evaluate its cargo potential.
For the Hajj operation, which is expected to start within next 3-4 months, the PIA is going to get additional six planes to fulfill the needs of pilgrims.
He assured that all unprofitable routes would be closed and air service on new profitable routes would be launched.
Regarding landing facility during dense fog, he said the facility was available only at Lahore Air Port and the system was gifted by Qatar.
About the delay in dry cargo during mango season, he pledged evolving a policy to avoid any embarrassment to the textile exporters.
About direct flights from Faisalabad to China, he said that it was not possible with the present runway. However, he promised that an incentive package should be evolved to compensate regular customers of the PIA.
PIA ranked third worst airline of 2018 04:28 PM | 27 Aug, 2018
NEW YORK – The world’s largest travel website AirHelp, which helps travelers to compensate for the delays and ...
Earlier, FCCI President Syed Zia Alumdar Hussain presented the welcome address.
Later, Mian Muhammad Idrees presented an FCCI shield to Air Marshal Arshad Malik while President and Chief Executive of the PIA also presented a model of jetfighter of Pakistan Air Force to FCCI president.
MNA Sheikh Khurram Shehzad, District Manager PIA Qaisar Iqbal, Habib Ahmad Gujjar and Mian Mushtaq Ahmad also attended the meeting.
- PM Imran, Uzbek President to hold virtual summit, discuss bilateral ...03:06 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Top Court trashes Justice Isa’s plea seeking live telecast of ...02:44 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto tests negative for Covid-19, says ‘thank you for ...02:23 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ruet committee to meet today for Ramadan moon sighting01:50 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- JUI-F leader Mufti Kifayatullah arrested for issuing anti-state ...01:20 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Sania Mirza wishes Shoaib Malik on 11th wedding anniversary05:02 PM | 12 Apr, 2021
- Jannat Mirza's new dance video leaves fans awestruck04:32 PM | 12 Apr, 2021
- Sania Saeed and Hina Altaf to feature in drama Doar03:37 PM | 12 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Health tips for fasting in the holy month06:11 PM | 6 Apr, 2021