IHC accepts bail of Zardari's tax consultant
ISLAMABAD – The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Tuesday accepted the interim-bail of Asif Ali Zardari's tax consultant Muhammad Javed for one day in money laundering and fake accounts case.
The court also clubbed the petition with bail application of former president Asif Ali Zardari and fixed them for hearing on Wednesday.
A divisional bench comprising Justice Aamer Farooq and Justice Mohsin Akhter Kiyani heard the bail plea of Muhammad Javed.
The petitioner's counsel pleaded before the bench that the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had served a call up notice to his client.
He said the accused could be arrested on appearance before NAB investigation officer.
He contended that his client was ready to cooperate with NAB and prayed the court to grant pre-arrest bail to Zardari's consultant.
The bench accepted the bail of Muhammad Javed against surety bonds worth Rs500,000 and adjourned the case till Wednesday.
- Three Pakistani soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020