Nasir Janjua to head task force on NAP
ISLAMABAD (Staff Report) – A high-level meeting chaired by Prime Minister (PM) Nawaz Sharif, which was attended by civil and military leadership, on Monday reviewed progress on implementation of National Action Plan (NAP).
A number of important decisions were made in the meeting along with the decision to form 29 new wings of the Civil Armed Forces in order to tackle terrorism.
It was also decided in the meeting that the task force which makes implementation upon the NAP , will be handed over to Advisor to the Prime Minister (PM) on National Security Lieutenant General (retd.) Nasir Janjua.
The new wings of the Civil Armed Forces will serve to improve internal security and administrative affairs on the borders. It was decided in the meeting that action shall be taken against banned outfits that function under alternative names whereas effective measures shall also be taken against curbing the financing of the terrorists.
The task force consist of Interior Secretary, National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA) Director General (DG), Chief Secretaries of all four provinces, Inspector Generals (IGs), Home Secretaries and Additional Secretary of the Prime Minister’s Office, will ensure implementation upon the NAP .
Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif , Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) DG Lieutenant General Rizwan Akhtar and other federal ministers and high-level civil officials participated in the meeting.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019