Nasir Janjua to head task force on NAP
ISLAMABAD (Staff Report) – A high-level meeting chaired by Prime Minister (PM) Nawaz Sharif, which was attended by civil and military leadership, on Monday reviewed progress on implementation of National Action Plan (NAP).
A number of important decisions were made in the meeting along with the decision to form 29 new wings of the Civil Armed Forces in order to tackle terrorism.
It was also decided in the meeting that the task force which makes implementation upon the NAP, will be handed over to Advisor to the Prime Minister (PM) on National Security Lieutenant General (retd.) Nasir Janjua.
The new wings of the Civil Armed Forces will serve to improve internal security and administrative affairs on the borders. It was decided in the meeting that action shall be taken against banned outfits that function under alternative names whereas effective measures shall also be taken against curbing the financing of the terrorists.
The task force consist of Interior Secretary, National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA) Director General (DG), Chief Secretaries of all four provinces, Inspector Generals (IGs), Home Secretaries and Additional Secretary of the Prime Minister’s Office, will ensure implementation upon the NAP.
Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif, Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) DG Lieutenant General Rizwan Akhtar and other federal ministers and high-level civil officials participated in the meeting.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020