Fawad asks PPP to elect new CM Sindh; demands resignation of Murad Ali Shah
KARACHI – Demanding resignation of Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah, Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Chaudhry Fawad Hussain on Tuesday advised Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) to bring about change in the province by replacing the incumbent CM.
Talking to media persons in Karachi, the federal minister said that Murad Ali Shah was "Jinn of Omni group" who was working against the interests of masses of the province.
He said that the federal government supports the present set-up in Sindh but some serious lawmakers of the PPP have approached the PTI to come forward for bringing a change in the province.
He said that it was unfortunate that in past, the funds, given to the Sindh government for development projects, were not spent here and sent abroad.
Nobody would have any complaints, if the funds issued for Sindh, were utilized for their welfare, he remarked. He lamented that the constituency of Chief Minister Sindh lacked basic facilities as Murad Ali Shah was working against the interest of the electorate.
Stating that the PTI shares the happiness and grief of the people of Sindh, the minister announced that the federal government would soon launch water projects in the province.
Fawad said that Bilawal Bhutto Zardari was still a 'child' and the children were apolitical.
To a question, he said that the government has released Rs 500 million outstanding advertisement dues of the media houses and in the upcoming policy, advertisements would be linked with payment of salaries and implementation of labour laws in the respective organizations.
Replying to a question on a news item about PTI bank accounts, he said that it was fake news and the party has already contradicted it and the newspaper should also splash it.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019