ANF moves SC for Rana Sanaullah's bail cancellation
ISLAMABAD - The Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF) on Wednesday submitted a petition in the Supreme Court, challenging the bail granted to PML-N lawmaker Rana Sanaullah in a drug trafficking case by the Lahore High Court (LHC).
The ANF has argued in the petition that the decision of the LHC was in contradiction to the law, besides requesting the apex cout to return Rana Sanaullah to the ANF’s custody.
The LHC had granted bail to Sanaullah in the narcotics case against two surety bonds worth Rs1 million each on December 24, 2019.
The PML-N stalwart was arrested when was going for a meeting from Faisalabad to Lahore on July 1, 2019.
A case was filed under the Control of Narcotics Substances Act, 1997 after a huge quantity of contraband was allegedly recovered from his vehicle.
- Pakistan’s Arshad Nadeem wins javelin gold with career best throw ...11:06 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- PTI leader Shireen Mazari slams US ambassador's visit to 'sensitive ...11:41 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- British investigators launch probe into 'misuse' of charity funds by ...10:24 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan slams Indian ludicrous comments against OIC’s remarks on ...09:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Sakina Samo's directorial debut to hit cinemas later this month03:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani’s new bold photos break the internet03:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022