ANF moves SC for Rana Sanaullah's bail cancellation
ISLAMABAD - The Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF) on Wednesday submitted a petition in the Supreme Court, challenging the bail granted to PML-N lawmaker Rana Sanaullah in a drug trafficking case by the Lahore High Court (LHC).
The ANF has argued in the petition that the decision of the LHC was in contradiction to the law, besides requesting the apex cout to return Rana Sanaullah to the ANF’s custody.
The LHC had granted bail to Sanaullah in the narcotics case against two surety bonds worth Rs1 million each on December 24, 2019.
The PML-N stalwart was arrested when was going for a meeting from Faisalabad to Lahore on July 1, 2019.
A case was filed under the Control of Narcotics Substances Act, 1997 after a huge quantity of contraband was allegedly recovered from his vehicle.
- Rothschild suit revives family's Vienna past10:22 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- 3 youth martyred in Pulwama as India launches another anti-Kashmir ...10:08 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Kashmir issue no more a bilateral but international human rights ...09:55 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- WWF-Pakistan stresses innovative technologies for wastewater ...06:53 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- MCC best Multan Sultan by 72 runs in T20 match06:29 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Harry Styles reportedly mugged at knifepoint on Valentine's Day01:42 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- UN chief meets Mahira Khan, thanks her for ‘extraordinary support’02:59 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Justin Bieber admits to being 'reckless' with Selena when they dated11:17 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019