Nawaz Sharif ECL case: LHC resumes hearing today
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court (LHC) will resume the hearing of the case regarding the removal of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif’s name from the Exit Control List (ECL) today (Friday).
On Thursday, LHC Justice Ali Baqir Najfi and Justice Sardar Naeem heard the plea filed by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Shehbaz Sharif seeking the removal of Nawaz Sharif’s name from the ECL without any conditionality ‘imposed’ by the federal government.
PML-N’s petition challenged the government’s conditional one-time permission to Nawaz to travel abroad for medical treatment only after submitting Rs7.5 billion surety bond.
PML-N lawyer Amjad Pervaiz told the court that federal government has still not removed Nawaz Sharif’s name from ECL even after Nawaz has been granted bail on medical grounds, adding that Nawaz had returned to the country leaving his ill wife behind.
The court ordered the federal government and the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) to submit para-wise comments and a report.
The court adjourned hearing till Friday and directed the federal government to submit its response.
- 10 patients die as lawyers’ protest intensifies at Lahore's Punjab ...01:37 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- IHC approves bail of Asif Ali Zardari on medical grounds12:50 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Meesha Shafi records her statement in harassment case12:39 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019