Nawaz Sharif ECL case: LHC resumes hearing today
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court (LHC) will resume the hearing of the case regarding the removal of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif’s name from the Exit Control List (ECL) today (Friday).
On Thursday, LHC Justice Ali Baqir Najfi and Justice Sardar Naeem heard the plea filed by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Shehbaz Sharif seeking the removal of Nawaz Sharif’s name from the ECL without any conditionality ‘imposed’ by the federal government.
PML-N’s petition challenged the government’s conditional one-time permission to Nawaz to travel abroad for medical treatment only after submitting Rs7.5 billion surety bond.
PML-N lawyer Amjad Pervaiz told the court that federal government has still not removed Nawaz Sharif’s name from ECL even after Nawaz has been granted bail on medical grounds, adding that Nawaz had returned to the country leaving his ill wife behind.
The court ordered the federal government and the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) to submit para-wise comments and a report.
The court adjourned hearing till Friday and directed the federal government to submit its response.
- Masoumeh Ebtekar: Iran's vice president infected by coronavirus11:54 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Hadi Khosrowshahi: Iran's ex-ambassador to Vatican dies of coronavirus11:47 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Coronavirus: Pakistan's Aviation division establishes emergency ...11:36 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan, Qatar agree to further enhance economic cooperation11:19 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Pink Floyd: PM Imran tweets Roger Waters’ video criticising ...11:10 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- TikTok is cancer, says Feroze Khan03:05 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Celebrities speak out against the brutal treatment of Muslims in Delhi02:41 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- ‘Ehd-e-Wafa’ makers planning to air finale in cinemas02:15 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019