Opposition withdraws no-confidence motion against Deputy Speaker Qasim Suri
ISLAMABAD - The opposition parties on Friday withdraw a no-confidence motion against National Assembly Deputy Speaker Qasim Suri while the government Govt takes back 11 ordinances, passed by the Assembly on November 7.
Speaking in the National Assembly, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Khawaja Asif said the decision has been taken following the government and the opposition agreed to bring legislation on important matters with consensus.
Earlier, Defence Minister Pervaiz Khattak said that meetings with the Opposition over the last few days have proved to be very effective and both the sides have agreed to move forward with consensus to ensure smooth functioning of the Parliament.
He said the sanctity of the House will be upheld with the cooperation of the Opposition parties.
Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Azam Swati said that more discussion will be held on Medical Tribunal Ordinance, Pakistan Medical Commission Ordinance and the Whistleblower Protection and Vigilance Commission Ordinance, 2019. Bills on these three ordinances will be brought with consensus.
Azam Swati said both the government and opposition have agreed to withdraw the Letters of Administration and Succession Certificates Ordinance, 2019, the Enforcement of Women’s Property Rights Ordinance, 2019, the Legal Aid and Justice Authority Ordinance, 2019, the Superior Courts (Court Dress and Mode of Address) Ordinance, 2019 and again pass them on the day of their withdrawal, the Radio Pakistan reported.
He said the Benami Transaction (Prohibition) (Amendment) Bill, 2019 and The National Accountability (Amendment) Bill, 2019 will be referred to the standing committee's concern on the day of their presentation.
It merits mentioning here that these Ordinances were passed by the House last week but the opposition members had lodged a protest on the procedure of their passage.
On the occasion, treasury and opposition members welcomed the posture by the government and opposition to move forward on the matter of legislation with consensus.
- Infinix grand reward for its customers to celebrate Blessed Week10:26 AM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019